Visit our online partner WorldPantry.com

FREE Shipping On Orders Over $39

Use Code: FREESHIP39

Click here to learn about The History of the Bremner Wafer Tin

The History of the Bremner Wafer Tins


From 1907 to the early 1920's Bremner produced a "silver" rectangular tin with an embossed hinged metal lid "Bremner Bros. Butter Wafers".


From the early 1920's until early 1930's Bremner produced a "silver" rectangular tin with an embossed metal "Bremner Bros. Butter Wafers" slip top lid.


From the early 1930's until 1974 Bremner produced a round Green tin with a metal slip top lid. At the time of this change (early 1930s) the name was changed to Bremner Wafers.


From 1974 until 1992 we produced a hand packed, sealed round green Bremner Wafer can with a white plastic lid.


From 1992 until 1994 Bremner came out with a rectangular green tin with a metal slip top lid that was packed with 6 overwrapped trays of Bremner Wafers.


In late 1994, due to consumer demand, Bremner went back to the hand-packed, sealed round green tin with a white plastic lid. At this time we updated the finish and enhanced the green color.


In September 1999, the Bremner family sold Bremner Biscuit Company to Dare Foods, Inc. However, Neil Bremner (5th generation) still manages the baking operation for Dare Foods. In 2000 we updated the graphics and the finish on the existing round green sealed hand-packed tin with a white plastic lid and these are the tins of Bremner Wafers available today in stores and at our website.


In September 2005, we introduced our limited edition Commemorative Tin for availability through the 2005 holiday season. This tin is decorated with images from the early days of the Bremner Biscuit Company including a drawing of one of our first factories and a photo of one of our first delivery trucks.

As to the value of these tins, we have little or no information. Any price/value information we have found is so varied and diverse that we cannot post valid estimates on this site.